Grab and Go Meals
Hybrid students will bring meals home every Wednesday.
Online families may pick up meals by pulling up to the kitchen door on the east side of the building. Pick up is on Thursdays from 12:00 P.M. to 1:30 P.M.
May 19– 8th Grade Celebration, 4:30-6:00 P.M.
May 20– Last Day of School for Students
Kindergarten and First Grade
Second and Third Grade
Hello families! Only a few weeks of school left! It is important your child is still getting enough sleep at night and motivated to do their work! The next few weeks we will focus on reading fluency and math review along with division for 3rd grade and multiplication for 2nd grade.
Thank you. Have a nice and safe weekend!
Fourth and Fifth Grade
English Language Arts
Hello Middle school math families! This upcoming week, students will be taking the iReady math diagnostic. Students should be spending an average of 20 minutes a day on iReady math. They have access to this tool, and it is focused on their own personal growth throughout the school year. This is unique, because it gives students the opportunity to show us what they’ve learned, without the pressure of state standards or being compared to peers across the state. We are working hard this year to stay engaged in our lessons and prepare for next year. It’s never too soon to start learning.
TWO WEEKS! That’s all. Where did the year go? Please joins us on the 19th for the 8th grade celebration. Also happy to all the Mother’s or woman who are mothering children this weekend. Hopefully they do something nice for you all, because you deserve it. Online students make sure that you are up to date in your assignments with the quarter drawing to a close. Have a great weekend and see you next week.
Happy Friday parents! We are so close to the end of the year. At Riverside we are committed to ending this school year strong and setting students up for success for the remainder of the year and moving forward. We know that it can be hard to keep students motivated and engaged in school these last few weeks so here are some tips to help make sure our kiddos are finishing strong:
- Make school attendance a priority and talk about the importance of showing up to school every day.
- Help your child maintain daily routines, such as finishing homework and getting a good night’s sleep.
- Try not to schedule dental and medical appointments during the school day.
- Don’t let your child stay home unless truly sick. Complaints of headaches or stomachaches may be signs of anxiety.
- Find out if your child feels engaged by his classes and feels safe from mistreatment. Make sure he/she is not missing class because of behavioral issues and school discipline policies. If any of these are problems, work with your school.
- Stay on top of academic progress and seek help from teachers or tutors if necessary. Make sure teachers know how to contact you.
- Talk to teachers if you notice sudden changes in behavior. These could be tied to something going on at school.
- Check on your child’s attendance to be sure absences are not piling up.
- Ask for help from school officials, afterschool programs, other parents, or community agencies if you’re having trouble getting your child to school.
We enjoy seeing our kiddos bright faces every day and want to work hard to continue to support positive behaviors, attendance, and motivation for our remaining time together before summer break! Here’s to another great week! 🙂
This week in Music class, students in grades 2-8 traveled to the state of Texas to learn about their contributions to early American music. They also met the famous pop star, Billie Eilish! Kindergarten and first grade students got to learn about the role of the drumline this week. At the end of next week, students in all grades can look forward to watching some music-themed movies!
Students, make sure you bring your recorders on Fridays!
Dear Parents of 8th Graders,
Please send us a baby picture, a current picture, and a positive message for your 8th grader. Pictures can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or brought to the office. Original photos will be returned. We hope to see you at the celebration on the 19th!
Sign Up Your Scholar for Summer Instruction!
June 1, through June 18, 2021
9:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
Second Grade Plus
- This course is for all students who will be 3rd graders in the fall of 2021.
- Interactive, engaging instruction
Third Grade Test Prep
- This course is for all students who need to retake the Third Grade Test.
- Teacher-led test taking strategies with practice tests online
- The 3rd Grade Ohio State Test will be given the week of July 6-12.
Middle School Jumpstart
- This course is for incoming 6th, 7th, and 8th graders who need interventions to prepare for fall of 2021.
- Two options:
- Blended model of teacher-led instruction and computer-based interventions
Call the office if you want to sign up!