The Riverside Roar is our weekly newsletter to inform our families of all the great things happening at school.
Dear Parents and Guardians,
We’ve made it through our first three days, and they have been wonderful!
Our school is open for learning! The list below represents a few of the changes we’ve made to make our building safer:
- We removed excess furniture from rooms to allow for physical distancing and easier cleaning.
- Everyone has their temperature taken upon entrance to the building.
- Everyone wears a mask all the time.
- Students have assigned supplies and work spaces.
- Students eat breakfast and lunch at their assigned spaces.
Thank you to all of you who trust us with your precious children.
Thank you to a fantastic staff who has shown creativity, passion, and flexibility. If you know someone looking for a small school with a big heart, tell them to try Riverside!
Sincerely, Ms. Lucas
Parents of Online and Hybrid Students…
Technology can be great, but it can also be a frustration! If you need any help with the online platform Canvas, check out the link below.
Grab N’ Go Meals begin August 26, and continuing every Wednesday, hybrid students will be bringing home three days of frozen meals. Beginning August 27, and continuing every Thursday, parents of students who are completely online may pick up five days of frozen meals. Meals may be picked up in drive through fashion at the kitchen door on the east side of the building. Pickup is available from 1:00 P.M. to 3:00 P.M.
August 19 – First Day of School
September 7 – Labor Day – No School
September 11 – 1st Quarter Progress Reports
September 21 – Teacher Professional Development Day – No school for students
Every day that students are in the building attending classes they must be dressed according to the guidelines below.
- Bottoms that are navy blue, black, or khaki – no denim
- Tops that are any solid colored polo style shirt
- Shoes that are closed toed
Our goal is to create a safe, business-like environment where students can learn and have fun without distractions. We really appreciate your help with this!